Tuesday, April 09, 2013

#CILDC : Sunrise Session - Enabling Innovation

Heather Braum, James King and I are facilitate one of the Sunrise unconference sessions today at the Computers in Libraries Conference.  Our session is on enabling innovation and it will include having the audience engage in some brainstorming.

I have written about brainstorming before (here and here).  Below is the gist of those posts summarized on one of the slides I prepared for the Sunrise session. 


I believe that each style of brainstorming above is useful in different situations.  For example, if you don't have time to teach people how to brainstorm, then the long list is a great option.  If you have time to get people interacting, then I think brand-storming in small groups can produce very interesting results.

I have not yet decided on the topic that will be brainstormed during the Sunrise session, but I do know that my inclination is to use the long list for it.   Wish me luck!



Addendum: April 9, 3:05 p.m. - Here are the slides that I actually used this morning. (link updated 09/23/2022)

No comments: