Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#JSC2013: Jill Hurst-Wahl - Digital Literacy & eBooks: The Grand Challenge

Joint Spring Conference 2013On Friday, March 22, I delivered the closing keynote at the Joint Spring Conference (JSC) hosted by the Academic and Special Sections of the Kentucky Library Association and the Kentucky Chapter of the Special Library Association.  The spring conference is generally held in a Kentucky State Park, many of which have small resorts.  Accommodations, therefore, were like being in a hotel, while being close to walking trails, wild life, and a natural calm.  The conference attracted approximately 100 people from seven U.S. states and Canada. I was impressed with the breadth and quality of content, including the poster session.  This is definitely a conference that more people should know about! (photos)

Since I closed the conference, I used my keynote to deliver content and get the audience to engage with each other.  This was a time to brainstorm, sometimes using content from other sessions.   And it was fun!

Thanks to the JSC crew for hosting me.  As always, the hospitality of Kentuckians cannot be beat!




No comments: