Thursday, October 19, 2006

Blog comments

Months ago -- because of comment spam -- I decided to moderate comments submitted to Digitization 101. I do receive interesting comments in the blog, as well as interesting e-mail messages from readers. Comments and messages have provided additional information, challenged my thinking, and helped me realize who my readers are (and why they continue to read). Comments are important.

I have never rejected a legitimate comment in this blog until today. I wish I had the person's e-mail address in order to explain why, so I giving the explanation here. Although the comment is likely truthful, there was a "spin" to it that could cause a "flame" war, and that I don't need.

So -- to the commenter (and I'm sure you know who you are) -- don't stop communicating, but realize that you might be presenting information in a way that will cause more harm than good. I promise to always read what you submit, but can't promise that I'll always be able to publish it.

No comments: